Research and Publications
- NEW ! Maine's Innovation Economy: A Snapshot, January 2017 PDF
- The Clean Technology Sector in Maine 2013, for the Energy and Environmental Technology Council of Maine, with University of Maine. PDF
- Goldstein, Harvey A., and Renault, Catherine S. 2003. “The Contribution of Universities to Regional Economic Development: A Quasi-Experimental Approach.” Regional Studies, 38 (7):733-746.
- Renault, Catherine S., Cope, Jeff, Dix, Molly and Hersey, Karen. 2008. “A New Paradigm for Technology Transfer: How State Universities Can Collaborate with Industry in the USA.” Industry and Higher Education 22 (2): 1-6. PDF
- Renault, Catherine S., Cope, Jeff, Dix, Molly and Hersey, Karen. 2007. “A New Paradigm for Technology Transfer: How State Universities Can Contribute to Economic Development.” Journal of the Association of University Technology Managers, Summer.
- Renault, Catherine S., Silka, Linda, and Ward, James. 2012. "Sustainability and Workforce Development in Maine." Maine Policy Review. 21(1):120-127. PDF
- NEW! Renault, Catherine S. 2014. "Transforming Maine's Economy: Innovation and Entrepreneurship Policy." Maine Policy Review. 23 (1):27-37. PDF
- Renault, Catherine S. 2006. “The Relative Influence of Academic Capitalism Beliefs and University Incentives on Faculty Entrepreneurship.” Journal of Technology Transfer. 31:227-239. PDF
- Renault, Catherine S. “US Economic Development Alters Course Because of Recession.” Local Economy. 27(1):50-54. PDF
- Renault, Catherine S. "The Good Old Days Aren't Coming Back." Submitted to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Rural Essays Project, August 2013.
- NEW! Renault, Catherine S. "Innovation and Entrepreneurs are Key." In Caron, Alan, ed., Maine's Next Economy. 2015. Envision Maine. PDF
- Goldstein, Harvey A., and Renault, Catherine S. “Estimating Universities’ Contributions to Regional Economic Development: The Case of the U.S.” In Maier, Gunther, and Sedlack, Sabine, eds., Spillovers and Innovations: Space, Environment and the Economy. 2005. Springer-Verlag/Wien.
Maine Office of Innovation
- 2010 Science and Technology Action Plan – a report developed with the Maine Innovation Economy Advisory Board for the Governor and the legislature detailing a five-year strategy for increasing technology-based economic development in Maine. PDF
- Clean Tech Report—a review of Maine’s assets for participation in the emerging clear technology sectors. PDF
- Measuring the Impact of Maine’s Technology Investments, a presentation to the Manufacturing Extension Partnership annual meeting, 2009. PDF
- Measurement and Benchmarking, a presentation to the National Governor’s Association policy academy on Innovation, 2011 PDF
- C2ER on Evaluation June 2011 PDF